Steven Y. Yurowitz specializes in white-collar criminal defense, securities regulation and criminal appeals. Comfortable both as a trial lawyer and an appellate lawyer, Mr. Yurowitz’s penetrating cross-examinations have been praised both by judges and lawyers alike and he has briefed and argued dozens of federal criminal appeals. He is a contributing author to “New York Criminal Law,” the leading treatise on substantive New York State criminal law, has authored articles for professional journals, and has lectured at law schools on criminal law topics. Mr. Yurowitz is a member of the CJA Panel for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. He graduated from the Talmudic Research Center of Passaic Park, New Jersey (1991), and from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law (J.D. 1996). He is a member of the New York Council for Criminal Defense Lawyers and has been selected for inclusion to the 2012 and 2013 New York Metro Super Lawyers list.
Admitted: 1997, New York, U.S. District Court, Southern, Eastern and Northern Districts of New York; U.S. Supreme Court; U.S. Court of Appeals, Second, Third, Seventh and Eleventh Circuits
Biography: Licensed Series 7 & 63 Securities Broker, USA, 1993. Contributing Editor and Author: “New York Criminal Law,” West Publishing Co., 2007; Yurowitz (with Richard A. Greenberg), “New York’s Anti-Terrorism Statute,” New York Law Journal, May 13, 2002; Yurowitz (with Richard A. Greenberg), “Empire State Strikes Back; New York’s New Money Laundering Statute,” New York Law Journal, Nov. 20, 2000.
- United States v. Whitmore, 573 Fed. Appx. 24 (2d Cir. 2014)
- United States v. Moreno-Montenegro, 553 Fed.Appx. 29 (2d Cir. 2014)
- United States v. Gist, 488 Fed. Appx. 536 (2d Cir. 2012)
- United States v. Melhado, Flynn & Associates, Inc. 455 Fed. Appx. 81 (2d Cir. 2012)
- United States v. Milstein, 401 F.3d 53 (2d Cir 2005)
- United States v. Klein, 476 F.3d 111 (2d Cir 2007)
- SEC v. Seibald, 1997 WL 605114 (USDC, SDNY 1997)
- White-Collar Criminal Defense
- Appellate Practice
- Criminal Law
- Professional Discipline
- SEC-Enforcement Defense
Contact Steven Y. Yurowitz